Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Wedding Favors season again! (and a little WeddingBells Magazine feature!!)



A New Year brings with it a new wedding season......a bevy of beautiful new "brides-to-be" who are frantically (ok..maybe not *always* frantic) planning all of the little details that will be a part of their perfect day.


I've been so lucky to have had a little part in several weddings last year, where Giggle Sweets' little brown paper packages "tied up with strings" had pride of place on the wedding tables! :)


It's a lot of work getting wedding orders made, and packaged and shipped, because it all has to be done at the last minute to ensure that the caramel is as fresh as possible. It's a seriously labor-intensive process. But isn't that what "handmade" is all about? :) There are just some things that a machine can't do/make/produce with quite the same results. Caramel is one of them. Unless it's made in small batches, and carefully tended, it simply doesn't have the same taste. 


I was so excited when WeddingBells magazine (Canadian) contacted me about featuring Giggle Sweets wedding favors in the Spring issue! 

Just look at this cute roundup of sweet treats! :)






These were some beautiful pink and navy blue favors that I did for a wedding last year. I loved this colour combo!

All packed up and ready to go!








Bring it on, wedding season....Giggle Sweets is ready for you! ;) 



4 comments:

  1. So exciting Tracey! Good for you! That magazine spread is beautiful. I especially love the cake stands. And the giggle sweets of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well deserved ...your packaging just makes my eyes shine & thinking of the Giggle Sweets makes my mouth drool! hmmm I need to make a latte right now & wish I had a sweet of yours to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea! My son is getting married!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tracey! That is super exciting for you :). I made pistachio chocolate brittle for the first time this year (whilst entertaining a 4 month old and 4 year old!), not sure if it's a similar process to making caramel but it was a serious labor of love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love reading every single one :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails